- Ten Things to Consider When Forming a Joint Venture
- M&A: Real Estate Transfer Taxes in a Sale of a “Controlling Interest” of a Company
- Officers of a Company can be Personally Liable for the Company’s Failure to Collect or Remit Sales Taxes
- Is there now a Federal "veil piercing" standard?
- Personal Liability of Directors of U.K. Companies
Monthly Archives: May 2012
In two recent court cases, one in New York (applying Delaware law) and one in Colorado, the courts allowed the “veil” of an LLC to be pierced on the basis that the LLC was the “alter ego” of the owners. … Continue reading
The following link leads to a chart that shows the requirements for and restrictions on the names of corporations and LLCs under the laws of each State: What’s in a name? That which we call a rose. . . … Continue reading