- Ten Things to Consider When Forming a Joint Venture
- M&A: Real Estate Transfer Taxes in a Sale of a “Controlling Interest” of a Company
- Is there now a Federal "veil piercing" standard?
- Officers of a Company can be Personally Liable for the Company’s Failure to Collect or Remit Sales Taxes
- Are Your Contractors Actually Employees? Are You Sure?
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Federal and state tax authorities and labor officials are taking a renewed interest in the misclassification of employees as independent contractors. Often, the question arises in the context of contractors performing construction work but the very same issues apply to … Continue reading
The Securities and Exchange Commission has proposed amendments to Rule 506 of Regulation D under the Securities Act of 1933 that would disqualify “bad actors” from participating in private placements that rely on Rule 506 for an exemption from the registration requirements of … Continue reading